Love the refreshing, sweet, tart taste of Thai Iced Tea with Lime? Make it at home today with this simple recipe!
- 8 c. water, separated
- 1.5 c. Thai Tea Mix
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice, or to taste, it took me about 4–5 limes
- 1.5 c. or to taste of sugar
- Boil 4 cups of water in a small pot.
- Once the water has boiled, turn off the heat and add in the Thai tea mix either in a tea sock, tea bag, tea ball, or just put it straight into the water like I do.
- Let it seep, covered, for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the tea has seeped, take out the tea sock, bag, ball or use a fine mesh strainer to strain the tea into a pitcher.
- Add in the sugar to the hot tea, and stir vigorously to help it dissolve.
- Then add the next 4 cups of water and lime to your liking, and stir. If you use cold water, it might be cold enough to drink now, or just put it in the fridge to cool it down.
- Pour over a cup of ice and enjoy!
If you don’t have Thai tea mix, you can always buy it at the Asian store or order it on Amazon. But if you don’t feel like doing that, you can also use black tea bags, and add sugar, lime and ice, but it wont taste quite the same. But I’m sure it’s still refreshing!
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Serving Size: 3-4