Ever wonder the secret to making Thai milk tea? Discover it here, and make it at home today!
- 2 c. water
- 3/4 c. Thai Tea Mix
- 2 tbsp. (or to taste) sweetened condensed milk
- Sugar to taste
- 1/4 c. (or to taste) of your favorite milk
- handful of ice cubes
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Once the water boils, turn it off. If you have a tea bag, or tea ball, put the Thai Tea Mix in it and place it in the water. If you don’t have one like me, just put the leaves straight into the water.
- Let tea seep covered 3-5 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag or ball, or use a fine mesh strainer to strain the tea into another pot or bowl.
- Let tea cool to room temperature.
- Pour 1 cup of tea into a cup. There will be some tea leftover, which you can top off your tea with later.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk to taste. Stir vigorously to help it dissolve.
- I don’t add any sugar because I think it’s sweet enough from the milk, but feel free to add some if you like it sweeter.
- Add milk of your choice to taste.
- Put in ice, stir and enjoy!
As you can see, my favorite ratio is 1 cup of Thai tea to 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk and 1/4 cup of milk, but feel free to customize the tea to your preference. It’s similar to coffee and how everyone like’s their’s a certain way. It’s fun to play around with it and find your perfect concoction.