Fried garlic topping is so yummy on Thai food or any food, yet so easy to mess up! But these 5 tips on how to make fried garlic will help you make it golden and crispy every time!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 whole head of garlic, cloves peeled and finely chopped
- Combine oil and garlic in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly for about 3 minutes until garlic starts to turn a light brown color, as shown in the pics, and the amazing aroma of toasted garlic hits your nose and makes you smile.
- Take it off the heat immediately because in a split-second it can go from brown to black and smell burnt instead of amazing.
- The hot oil in the hot pan removed from the burner will finish toasting it up some if need be.
- Pour it into a heatproof container and sprinkle on any Thai dishes or any dish that needs some garlicky crunch!