If you’ve had a hard day, heart-warming, flavor-packed Thai Mama Noodle Omelette is just what you need to comfort you, and lift your spirits!
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 packet of Mama (Thai instant noodles)
- 2 green onions, cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- Handful of grated cheese of your choice
- Handful of coarsely chopped cilantro
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat, and add the noodles to the water and cover the pot.
- Let noodles cook about 2-3 minutes until soft but not super-squishy.
- Drain noodles.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, and add the packets of seasoning from the Mama Noodles into the eggs. Wisk until frothy.
- Add green onions to the eggs mixture and wisk again.
- Warm the oil in a wok on high.
- Once wok is steaming, add the eggs and swirl them in the pan to create a round omelet shape..
- Then add the noodles on top of the eggs.
- Once you peek under and the omelette is browning and has set, use two spatulas, one on each side, to flip the omelette over.
- *If it is browning, but hasn’t set yet, turn the heat down and keep pushing the edges of the egg to help the egg mixture in the center move down to get cooked.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the omelette.
- Peek under the omelette, once it’s browned and cooked through, fold the omelette in half.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top.
I like to throw into my Thai-Style Omelette anything in the fridge that needs to be used up, like recently I put in leftover taco meat and spinach. It’s a great way to finish up leftovers in a new way!