Mini Mango Cobblers with Coconut Cream are a Thai-twist on cobbler and mango sticky rice!
- 2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. milk
- 2 sticks of butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 c. mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- Extra sugar to sprinkle on top
Coconut Cream Sauce
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. tapioca starch or corn starch
- 2 tsp. water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wisk flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in large bowl.
- Add mango, milk, melted butter and vanilla. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into mini muffin tins, or regular sized muffin tins, and place in the oven. I like to use one mini muffin tin, and one regular-sized one.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and crisp around edges.
- Invert tins onto a cooling rack, and sprinkle sugar on top of cobblers. Depending on your muffin tin, some cobbler might stick in the tins. That’s ok because I think a cobbler should be rustic looking. Just scrape it out and place it on top of your mini cobbler.
- While the cobblers are baking, or whenever you want, you can make the coconut cream sauce.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt to a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Stir to combine.
- Cook it for a few minutes to let the sugar dissolve.
- Combine cornstarch with water in a small bowl, and stir until the lumps are gone.
- Add into coconut mixture.
- Stir until it starts to thicken, which usually takes around 3 minutes or so. Once it’s thickened, turn off the heat.
- Drizzle warm coconut cream on top of your mini mango cobblers and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: thai dessert, mango, mango dessert, mango cobbler, cobbler