Naam Pla Prik is the essential Thai seasoning sauce that should be on every table when serving Thai food! All the Thai flavors you love–garlicky, savory, spicy and sour–in one little bowl, and only takes five minutes to make!
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 4–6 (depending on preference) Thai chili peppers, preferably bird’s eye chiles, but the longer green or red Thai chilies will work too, finely chopped into super thin rings
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- The best part about Thai food is that you can make it taste to your preference, so these measurements are just suggestions. I enjoy my Naam Prik Plaa to taste mainly savory and spicy, followed by sour, and the sugar is just to balance the savory, spicy and sour flavors, not really to make it taste sweet. Feel free to taste and add more or less of each ingredient to your preference.
- Sprinkle this on every Thai dish you love to get an extra punch of flavor!
You can store naam pla prik in a jar in the fridge for up to a month, but know that the chiles will start to lose their heat intensity after a couple of weeks.
My Thai Hubby likes when I add a chunk of the lime peel into the nam pla prik, feel free to do the same to give it some extra lime flavor.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Serving Size: 5-6