All the cozy flavors of Thai Massaman curry, but with the ease of the crockpot! Thai curry paste, beef, onion and potatoes, the best way to warm up a cold night!
- 1 small can (or 4 tbsp) Massaman curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 lbs lean beef stew meat, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4 white, waxy potatoes, cut into 2-inch-ish cubes
- 1 sweet potato (peeled or unpeeled, cut into 2-inch-ish cubes)
1 small white onion, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2–3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1–2 tsp sugar
- 1–2 tbsp tamarind paste
- Mix together the curry paste and coconut milk in your crockpot.
- Add the beef, potatoes and onion. I like to cook it low and slow for 8 hours, but of course cooking it on high for 4-6 hours works fine too.
- Once it’s done, sprinkle peanuts over it, add fish sauce, sugar and tamarind paste, to taste.
- Serve with jasmine rice and your favorite veggie dish like Thai Vegetable Stir-Fry!!
You can use other meat, such as chicken or pork, but if using chicken I recommend thighs which stay more moist if cooked for a long time.
If looking for more recipe tips, tricks, substitutions, additions, storage and reheating tips, look above in the blog post.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Thai
- Serving Size: 4-6
Keywords: Massaman Beef Curry Slow Cooker, slow cooker beef thai, massaman beef slow cooker, crockpot massaman curry beef, beef Thai massaman curry, slow cooker beef curry