Looking for a quick Thai curry that’s easy to make at home? Try our delicious, spicy, flavorful Thai Red Curry Chicken with Green Beans recipe today!
- 2–3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2–4 tbsp. Thai Red Curry Paste or Nam Phrik Kaeng Ped Curry Paste
- 2–3 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1–2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1–2 tsp. sugar
- 3 chicken breasts thinly sliced into bite size pieces (or pork or beef or tofu)
- 1/2–1 cup water
- 1 pound of long bean or green beans, with ends sliced at a diagonal
- 3 fresh kaffir lime leaves very thinly sliced (optional)
- handful of peanuts (optional)
- Add the oil and curry paste to a hot wok or pan. Keep in mind, the more curry paste you add, the hotter the dish will be.
- Mix until fragrant, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken, and a tablespoon or so of the sauces. When chicken begins to change color, add in green beans. Add in water to the preferred sauce consistency you enjoy. Dom likes it with lots of sauce, I don’t really care.
- Add in more oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar to taste.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and beans are tender-crisp.
- Turn off heat and add in lime leaves, and peanuts.
I was going to just buy red curry paste, but then when I got to the Asian store I saw the different varieties and that the picture on the Nam Phrik Kaeng Ped Curry Paste matched the dish that we had eaten, so I used that one. But using Thai Red Curry paste is pretty much the same thing, just another name for it!
You can eat it with boiled eggs like Dom did in this pic! That’s the redneck Thai style way of eating many dishes 🙂
- Serving Size: 3-4