In the crazy corona days, I drift between wanting to create masterpieces in the kitchen since nights aren’t as packed lately and cooking is like therapy, or just wanting to make something effortless because I’m worn out with a new routine of homeschooling and not having much of a break from mom life and feeling sad about our world.
Anyone else with me?
On those nights where I need some effortlessness, and just using simple ingredients from my pantry, Instant Pot Spicy Sriracha Chicken recipe is my go-to.
My stove-top Spicy Sriracha Chicken that I learned from our dear old roomie in Austin is one of our most adored quick dinners at our home, and many of you awesome Thai-Foodie fans tell me that you love it too.
Maybe it’s how simple it is, maybe it’s cuz it’s got the sweet, spicy and sour flavors going on, or maybe it’s cuz it has Sriracha in it. But we love it.
And it’s so easy to make in the instant pot too!! All you need is Worcestershire sauce (I love that tamarind is in Worcestershire sauce! that must be why I love the flavor so much), sriracha, brown sugar and garlic! And if you want to thicken the sauce at the end you can add corn starch to it, but totally optional.
Just add everything to the pot, and mix up your chicken, and put it on high pressure for 10 minutes, natural or quick release!
Then take out the chicken and shred it.
Either add it back to the pot right now, or if you want a thick sauce, put it on Saute mode. Once it’s bubbling, add in the corn starch slurry, and mix it until thickened!
And sprinkle on cilantro cuz it’s yummy and pretty!
If I’m trying to make a big batch of chicken to eat for dinner and to have leftovers for my Thai Hubby to take with him to work for lunch, this is what I always make.
And he tells me his co-workers ooh and ahh a bit as he warms it up and the spicy fragrance filters throughout the cafeteria.
When serving it to my kids, I usually take out the kids servings of chicken before adding the chicken back to the pot with the spicy sauce, so that they can enjoy it without the spiciness. And they gobble it up!
Eat it with jasmine rice, and kale chips! Easy meal!Print
Easy, sweet, spicy, sriracha chicken in the instant pot! Can a quick weeknight dinner get any better? Nope!
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breasts, or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves and stems
- Add add the sriracha, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup of water and garlic to instant pot.
- Mix it up until combined.
- Add the chicken.
- Turn the instant pot to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once it’s done, either do natural release or manual release.
- Take the chicken out of the instant pot, and shred it on a cutting board. I usually use two forks to shred it.
- If you want the sauce thicker, then follow these next steps. If not, just return the chicken to the sauce in the pot, and you are done!
- Mix the corn starch with the water in a bowl.
- Turn the instant pot to Saute.
- Once the sauce it bubbling, add the corn starch water mixture, and stir until thickened.
- Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Serve with jasmine rice, and sprinkle cilantro leaves on top!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: sriracha chicken instant pot, sriracha, chicken, instant pot, chicken instant pot recipe, spicy chicken, thai chicken instant pot