Thai green curry fans and fried rice fans unite! You’ll love how the spicy, savory Thai green curry flavors are even more intensified in this fried rice version that had my Thai Hubby talking about its wonders for days!
- 4 cups day old, cold rice
- 3 tbsp Thai green curry paste, divided (add 1 tbsp more if you want it really spicy)
- 1.5 cups Thai eggplants, chopped into bite-sized pieces, or purple egg plant
- 1.5 cups protein of choice, chopped into bite-sized pieces (chicken, pork, or tofu)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas, warmed up
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves (optional)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly slivered, stems removed (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 1–2 tbsp brown sugar, or to taste
- Warm your wok or large frying pan, and add a few tablespoons of cooking oil of choice to it.
- Add 1 tbsp of Thai green curry paste, and stir-fry until it starts to smell amazing. Then add 3 tbsp of coconut milk, and stir it up.
- Add your protein of choice, and stir-fry until almost cooked through.
- Add the eggplant and stir-fry until the chicken is cooked, and the eggplant is softened, just a few minutes.
- Take out the chicken and eggplant, and put it on a dish.
- Break up the day old rice as much as you can.
- Add in another few tablespoons of cooking oil, and 2 tbsp Thai green curry paste.
- Stir-fry until it starts to smell amazing, and add in the the rest of the coconut milk, and stir it up.
- Then add in the rice to the wok, and stir-fry until the Thai green curry sauce is completely mixed in.
- Add in the green peas, the chicken, eggplant, fish sauce and sugar to taste, and mix until combined.
- Turn off the heat, and if using, add in the Thai basil, and sprinkle the kaffir lime leaves on top.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Thai
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Thai green curry fried rice, Thai fried rice, Thai green curry, fried rice, green curry, fried rice recipe, thai fried rice recipe, thai green curry recipe