I had written out our weekly menu earlier in the week, but for Wednesday I had written “Random”— aka I had run out of ideas for what to make for dinner, so I thought I’d figure it out later.
Random Night had arrived, so I searched on foodgawker, and scrounged around in our pantry and fridge looking for inspiration. I had some Thai green curry paste, spaghetti noodles, cauliflower and green beans. I didn’t want to do a full on traditional Thai green curry since I was missing the veggies that go in it, and my Thai hubby isn’t a huge fan of curry, so instead I decided to do a quick Thai green curry over spaghetti noodles.
I decided to use spaghetti noodles instead of rice noodles since my Thai hubby prefers these Barilla Protein Plus Spaghetti because he loves to work out and likes how they have 17 grams of protein to make his muscles big and strong. But feel free to use whatever pasta or rice noodles you have on hand that you like most!
The Thai green curry ends up being a light sauce to put over the noodles, but if you want it more soupy, feel free to double the coconut milk, and curry paste. Our sunny Austin weather has been cold and dreary lately, so this Thai Green Curry Chicken Spaghetti felt like ray of summer sunshine in the midst of our cloudy winter days! And the extra bonus was that it was quick to make, and as all curries do, it tasted even better the next day!
Yay for Random Night inspirations!Print
This is a great way to eat Thai green curry for a quick week night dinner!
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles (or whatever pasta you prefer)
- 2–3 tbsp. Thai green curry paste (keep in mind the more curry paste, the spicier it will be)
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin, bite size pieces
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 lb. green beans, cut into bite size pieces
- 1–2 tbsp. fish sauce (to taste)
- 2 tsp. sugar (to taste)
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped to sprinkle on top
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, cut into thin slivers to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to box instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, warm oil and 2 tbsp. of green curry paste in a large wok or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic.
- Stir until the curry paste has incorporated with the oil.
- Add the chicken and cook until it’s no longer pink.
- Stir in the veggies and coconut milk, and add another tablespoon or so of green curry, to your liking.
- Cook until the veggies are tender-crisp.
- Turn off the heat and feel free to adjust the flavor to your liking. If you want it spicier, add more curry paste, more savory add some fish sauce, or sweeter add some sugar.
- Put some noodles on a plate, dish the curry on top and sprinkle cilantro, and the kaffir lime leaves over it. Enjoy!
This is a flexible recipe, so feel free to use other veggies, meat or noodles that you might have on hand!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving Size: 2-3